Global Youth Mobilization
Putting young people at the forefront of COVID-19 recovery
1.2 billion young people have been disproportionately impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic response measures – 87% of young people have been impacted by school closures and 267 million are out of work or education.
Together with the world’s largest global youth organisations, the World Health Organization, and the United Nations Foundation, we developed a multi-lingual and multi-channel campaign representing more than 250 million young people around the world.
As a first of its kind, the global campaign launched with a $5 million local and national funding pot to invest in young people’s innovative solutions against the negative impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Who you are is as important as what you do
While Global Youth Mobilization is backed by some of the world’s leading organisations, we put young people themselves at the heart of the campaign, to give the story greater authenticity and emotional weight.
We collaborated with Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO Director-General and Greta Thunberg, Climate Change Activist to launch the Local Solutions funding and shared the stories of inspiring youth activists from the US, the UK, Bangladesh, Mexico and Kenya.
- We co-created a full brand identity to front the campaign in consultation with young people and an online toolkit of assets translated into French, Spanish, and Arabic.
- We developed a film illustrating the vision for global youth and their drive for change, which formed the centrepiece of our multichannel programme
- We supported the launch of a local solution grants funding programme, the first of its kind, endorsed by Dr Tedros and Greta Thunberg
- We drove a conversation amongst our campaign partners with the hashtag #youthmobilize
- The Global Youth Mobilization movement now spans across over 150 countries, providing support to young people to be the agents of change for their futures
- We generated over 100 pieces of content global media coverage for the launch of the Local Solutions funding
- Since inception, Global Youth Mobilization has funded 64 national projects across 49 countries and 72 local solution projects (micro-grants ranging from $500 – $5,000) across 25 countries
- The Global Youth Summit launch event generated over 1.1K posts over 2.9K mentions of the campaign hashtag #youthmobilize
- We gave youth a voice in a saturated landscape – 83% of attendees felt motivated to support their local community and 74% were inspired to lobby for change*
- We secured multiple new high-profile partnerships for GYM
*of 1,000 youth surveyed who attended the Global Youth Summit