Reg Hoare, MHP Managing Director, will be opening a Brexit focused session today for IRS Magazine UK & Ireland at the London Stock Exchange. The wider event will run all day with an audience of IROs in the UK to discuss best practice, benchmark performance and keeping up-to-date with the evolving buy-side.
Reg’s session will be twenty minutes long and will cover topics such as, what IROs need to watch out for with respect to Brexit:
· Proposed timelines: how will the two-year notice period affect businesses?
· Possible knock-on effect on corporates, both large and small
· What a post-Brexit world look like? Will companies scale up or down?
· Investing themes: how this will affect the buy side and sell side
· Key drivers that may cause investors to adjust portfolios or analysts to adjust earnings forecasts
· Positioning capital in sterling: long-term impact, cash inflow and outflow
· Trade agreements in Asia and the US: how is Brexit likely to affect investment decisions?
The event will be well attended by companies including Unilever, Tesco, Royal Mail, BAE systems, Centrica, Genel and Schroders.