MHP is one of the UK’s leading communication companies. We specialize in creating and implementing scalable, integrated communications programmes for organisations operating in complex and regulated environments.
Headquartered in London, we are an agency of 160-strong brand, financial, corporate, health and public affairs specialists and joined-up thinkers, with offices in Hong Kong, Singapore and Australia, underpinned by a fully serviced affiliate network which allows us to implement impactful communications campaigns on a global scale.
MHP offers clients a unique balance of mindset, capability and people. It’s an approach that over the past year has attracted clients such as L’Oréal, TalkTalk, Saga, uSwitch and Bupa. It also delivered the global multi-award winning Missing Type campaign for NHS Blood and Transplant. The impact of our communications programmes saw MHP shortlisted for the Holmes Report 2017 UK Consultancy of the Year.
We are part of Engine, a global marketing and communications group operating across 4 continents with over 2500 staff.
Thanks to Engine's unique collaborative model, at our Great Portland Street HQ, many of us sit, work and play together under one roof. Other businesses within the group include WCRS, Trailer Park, ORC International, Partners Andrews Aldridge, Deep Focus, Synergy, Mischief, Fuel, Transform and Slice.
What is the role?
We are looking for a Senior Account Executive to join our award winning Brand team. The role will assist in the delivery of client programmes and provide support to account teams and will suit someone who enjoys working in a forward thinking fast paced environment.
You will have experience working in a fast paced creative PR environment, working with some high profile brands.
You will have a real passion for media (traditional and social/digital), and developing a target media and influencer list for a client will be second nature to you. You’ll have a solid understanding of how the media works, what makes a story for a journalist, how a story might translate across social and digital platforms, and your little black book of media and influencer contacts will be healthy. You’ll feel comfortable picking up the phone to journalists/influencers and selling in, being hungry to secure editorial coverage for your clients.
Creativity and writing will be a strength and you will feel comfortable developing and tailoring press releases or drafting copy, and your attention to detail will be second to none.
You will be organised, diligent and have the ability to track, analyse and manage coverage reports, write monthly reports and meet all deadlines. Any experience of working with social platforms and analytics is a bonus.
You’ll feel comfortable working across a range of clients within a variety of sectors and have the ability to juggle your workload accordingly, and in response to the fast-paced agency environment.
What are the main responsibilities?
- Demonstrate solid understanding of media channels, building relationships with key journalists and influencers
- Help lead active sell-ins to media and identify key opportunities for clients, plus support managers in reactive outreach
- Drive day-to-day account co-ordination, processes and planning, working with Account Managers / Senior Account Managers / Account Directors. Lead by example with strong attention to detail and ‘right first’ time approach
- Oversee delivering client reports and collateral needed for client meetings. Attend meetings and develop junior client relationships
- Assist senior colleagues in fulfilling their responsibilities, manage interns and AEs
- Awareness of social media trends and advocates, playing an active part in creating and implementing traditional and social media campaigns
- Provide new business research and content development, and input to / contribute to new business pitches. Understand the whole MHP offer and build cross-discipline relationships
- Actively deepen knowledge of clients’ business, issues and media to support the team in the delivery of overall business objectives, share best practice across the team
What we offer
At MHP, you can expect a great working environment and superb benefits to match, including: Free breakfast at the in-house cafe, gym discounts, childcare vouchers, pension, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme and much more!
Our unique structure and culture has meant we’ve featured in The Sunday Times’ Best Company To Work For Top 100 list six years in a row too.
OUR VALUES: EVER CURIOUS, AMBITION & ENTREPRENEURALISM, RESPECTFUL
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer. Our objective is to have a diverse workforce and we encourage our staff to achieve their full potential.