MHP Communications helps its clients to navigate change at pace. We deliver highly effective and impactful communications programmes by combining insight with sector expertise, and an understanding of the media and business landscapes.
The firm is built around a simple proposition: by employing the right people to do smart thinking, we deliver tangible results and business benefits.
Our expertise spans brand PR, corporate communications and media relations, CSR and sustainability, financial and capital markets communications, health and public affairs.
MHP Communications has 140 consultants working in London, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Singapore and Sydney, and is part of Engine, a global marketing and communications group operating across 4 continents with over 2500 staff.
Not only is over 59% of Engine’s revenue derived from digital, we also work with one in four of the world’s biggest marketing spenders and more than half of our clients hold relationships with two or more Engine businesses.
Thanks to Engine's unique collaborative model, at our Great Portland Street HQ, many of us sit, work and play together under one roof. Other businesses within the group include WCRS, Trailer Park, ORC International, Partners Andrews Aldridge, Deep Focus, Synergy, Calling Brands, Mischief, Fuel, Transform and Slice.
What is the role?
We're looking for a smart, creative Digital Strategist to work across our Corporate Affairs and Financial teams and help us grow our digital offering here at MHP. This opportunity will give the successful applicant the chance to work with marque clients (such as, L’Oréal, Zurich, Saga, Mothercare) and to deliver innovative, interesting and intelligent, strategy-first digital campaigns and projects for clients.
In addition, the successful candidate will support the MHP Senior Leadership Team in shaping the future of digital within the consultancy. Therefore, we are looking for someone with passion, leadership, flair and proven ability.
We anticipate that the role will be split one third working with the Corporate Affairs team, one third working with the Financial team, and one third working with other teams across MHP providing counsel and supporting the future of digital across the agency as a whole. These time splits are indicative, as we are seeking a candidate who can work flexibly across the business.
The ideal candidate for this role will have experience working in a digital communications agency environment and be confident in their ability to deliver smart thinking and innovation. You need to demonstrate an ability to work with companies to develop strategy-first solutions that support their innovative use of digital channels and deliver strong earned media outcomes that drive genuine business benefits to our clients.
The role is a unique opportunity to sit at the centre of the business at an exciting time in our development: digital is more intrinsic than ever to every part of MHP Communications and our digital specialists are crucial in driving forward the whole company, helping develop everyone’s skills in the field via training and recommendation of new tools and working methods.
You will help us create and improve marketing collateral to incorporate it into our digital strategy.
You will have some content creation experience and expertise – preferably creating content for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, blogs and other platforms and have client facing experience and skills as well as extensive public speaking ability, tailoring presentations to different audiences.
Experience using Brandwatch, Pulsar or similar online monitoring tools is desirable, as well as a deep understanding of digital analytics and drawing insights from trends using platforms such as Google Analytics to help inform strategies.
Above all, an appreciation for client servicing and proven experience of inspiring clients by educating them on novel digital platforms, channels and content types is a must.
The role will be diverse and you will need to display the following aptitudes:
- A passion for delivering ground-breaking digital campaigns to global clients within the earned and owned media space
- Proven experience of delivering multi-channel digital marketing strategies, leading on implementation by working closely with the client and measuring the impact of strategies against defined KPIs
- Innovative approach to campaigns - including use of innovative platforms
- Ability to work in highly regulated sectors
- Intellectual curiosity and a thirst to understand and wield new technologies, apps and tools
- Team leadership and management skills, experience managing junior community managers
- Building, maintaining and growing strong client relationships
- Confident and engaging presentation skills
- An understanding of new business and the potential to grow existing business
- An understanding of the role social media plays in crisis management
- Strategic and innovative mindset - we want someone who not only gets and understands digital and how it works within the earned media space, but someone who lives and breathes it
- A desire to develop your career and be at the cutting edge of digital, social and mobile communications
- Experience in creating text and visual content for content calendars and other outlets, including management of video production
- Awareness of the processes involved in design and development, managing supplier relationships and working closely with designers and developers as a project manager
- Experience with Brandwatch, Pulsar or similar monitoring tools – data analysis and interpretation
- Experience with Google Analytics and bringing together multiple data analytics sources to make sense of them and draw strategic insights from user behaviour, including SEO
- An understanding of eCRM and experience using Mailchimp or similar email marketing platforms
- An understanding of the growing role that mobile and tablets play in communications, as well as the potential of emerging technologies such as Augmented and Virtual Reality
What we offer
At MHP, you can expect a great working environment and superb benefits to match, including: Free breakfast at the in-house café/bar, gym discounts, childcare vouchers, pension, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme and much more!
Our unique structure and culture has meant we’ve featured in The Sunday Times’ Best Company To Work For Top 100 list six years in a row too.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer. Our objective is to have a diverse workforce and we encourage our staff to achieve their full potential.